2009-2019 BMW X1 Oil Reset
About BMW X1
The E84 X1 is the first-generation model and was originally presented as the BMW Concept X1 at the Paris Motor Show in 2008.It is based on the same platform as the E91 3 Series Touring, and features similar dimensions including the same 2,760 mm (109 in) wheelbase. It was not introduced to the United States until 2012. In 2013, the E84 X1 underwent a facelift, featuring restyled exterior and interior design elements, as well as the integration of BMW EfficientDynamics on all models. The original X1 sold 820,529 units.
The F48 X1 is the second- and current-generation model. It is built upon the front-wheel drive based UKL2 platform, and is available in long-wheelbase and long-wheelbase hybrid variants in China. The range consists of turbocharged 3-cylinder and 4-cylinder petrol and diesel engine options. Base models are front-wheel drive (branded as sDrive), with all-wheel drive (xDrive) available as an option and is standard for some higher-end models.
2009-2013 Oil Reset
- Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds.
- The upper display will be illuminated with a service item. The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item.
- Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
- Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
2014-2019 Oil Reset
- Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
- Press the SET/ RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button.
- When “RESET” appears, release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
- Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
- Turn ignition off.