2004-2019 BMW X3 Oil Reset
About BMW X3
The BMW X3 is a compact luxury crossover SUV manufactured by German automaker BMW since 2003. Based on the BMW 3 Series platform, and now in its third generation, BMW markets the crossover as a Sports Activity Vehicle, the company’s proprietary descriptor for its X-line of vehicles. The first generation X3 was designed by BMW in conjunction with Magna Steyr of Graz, Austria—who also manufactured all X3s under contract to BMW. BMW manufactures the second generation X3 at their Spartanburg plant in South Carolina, United States. The third generation of the BMW X3 is also manufactured at BMW South Africa’s Rosslyn plant, a facility that recently underwent a major upgrade to prepare for the X3 production. About 76,000 units will be manufactured there annually.
Designed to compete with the Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class (renamed GLC-Class since 2016), Audi Q5, Porsche Macan, Jaguar F-Pace, Volvo XC60, Lincoln MKC (renamed Corsair since 2020), Lexus NX, and the Range Rover Velar, it slots below the larger X5 and the Coupé-like X6, but above the smaller X1 and the X2.
2004-2013 Oil Reset
- Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds.
- The upper display will be illuminated with a service item. The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item.
- Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
- Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
2014-2019 Oil Reset
- Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
- Press the SET/ RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button.
- When “RESET” appears, release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
- Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
- Turn ignition off.