3 Method BMW 6 Series OIL RESET
Oil Reset BMW E24, E63, E64 ,F06, F12, F13, G32 Oil Reset.
About BMW 6 Series
The BMW 6 Series is a range of grand tourers produced by BMW since 1976. It is the successor to the E9 Coupé and is currently in its fourth generation.
The first generation BMW E24 6 Series was available solely as a two-door coupé and produced from 1976 to 1989. When the 6 Series nameplate was revived in 2004 for the second generation, the BMW E63/E64 6 Series, the coupé was joined by a convertible body style. The third generation F06/F12/F13 6 Series debuted in 2011 as a coupé and convertible, and added a four-door coupé body style (known as the Gran Coupé) in 2012. When the F06/F12/F13 6 Series ended production, the “Gran Coupé”/coupé/convertible models have been shifted into the more upmarket BMW 8 Series (G15) nameplate. The fourth generation 6 Series, the G32 6 Series, debuted in mid-2017 and is offered only as a fastback body style to complement the BMW 5 Series (G30) sedan/wagon.
The first generation 6 Series was derived from the BMW E23 7 Series, and was powered by a range of naturally aspirated inline-six gasoline engines. Following generations have been powered by inline-four, V8, and V10 engines with both natural aspiration and turbocharging. Since 2008, diesel engines have been included in the 6 Series range, with four-wheel drive models on offer since 2012.
A BMW M6 high performance model has been produced for the first three generations of the 6 Series.
Oil Reset Method 1
- Turn ignition to the “ON” position. Press and hold the “RESET” button for 10 seconds to display menu in speedometer.
- Press the “RESET” or “LOWER AXIAL (FAS)” button on the turn signal to scroll through the menu. Select “ENGINE OIL” and press and hold “RESET” button until menu is displayed in tachometer.
- Press “RESET” button to select “SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE”.
- Press and hold “RESET” button for a few seconds.
- Turn off ignition.
Oil Reset Method 2
- Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds.
- The upper display will be illuminated with a service item.
- The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item. Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
- Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
Oil Reset Method 3
- Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
- Press the SET/ RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button. When “RESET” appears, release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
- Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
- Turn ignition off.