3 Method BMW 7 Series Oil Reset
BMW 1E23, E32, E38 ,E65, E66, E67, E68, F01, F02, F03, F04 ,G11, G12 Oil Reset
About BMW 7 Series
The BMW 7 Series is a full-size luxury sedan produced by the German automaker BMW since 1977. It is the successor to the BMW E3 “New Six” sedan and is currently in its sixth generation.
The 7 Series is BMW’s flagship car and is only available in a saloon bodystyle (including long wheelbase and limousine models). It traditionally introduces technologies and exterior design themes before they trickle down to other models in BMW’s lineup.
The first generation of the 7 Series was powered by straight-6 petrol engines, and following generations have been powered by inline-4, straight-6, V8 and V12 engines with both natural aspiration and turbocharging. Since 1995, diesel engines have been optional in the 7 Series.
Unlike the 3 Series and 5 Series saloons, BMW has not produced a M model for the 7 Series (i.e. an “M7”). However, in 2014 an “M Performance” option became available for the 7 Series.
Oil Reset Method 1
- Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds.
- The upper display will be illuminated with a service item.
- The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item.
- Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
- Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
Oil Reset Method 2
- Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
- Press the SET/ RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button.
- When “RESET” appears, release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
- Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
- Turn ignition off.
Oil Reset Method 3
- Turn ignition to the “ON” position. Press and hold the “RESET” button for 10 seconds to display menu in speedometer.
- Press the “RESET” or “LOWER AXIAL (FAS)” button on the turn signal to scroll through the menu.
- Select “ENGINE OIL” and press and hold “RESET” button until menu is displayed in tachometer.
- Press “RESET” button to select “SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE”.
- Press and hold “RESET” button for a few seconds.
- Turn off ignition.