2008-2018 BMW X6 Oil Reset
About BMW X6
The BMW X6 is a mid-size luxury crossover by German automaker BMW.
The first generation (E71) was released for sale in April 2008 for the 2008 model year The X6 was marketed as a sports activity coupé (SAC) by BMW. It combines the attributes of an SUV (high ground clearance, all-wheel drive and all-weather ability, large wheels and tires) with the stance of a coupé (styling featuring a sloping roof). It was based on the previous generation BMW 5 and 6 Series. E71 development began in 2003 under Peter Tuennermann, after start of E70 X5 development in 2001. Design work by E70 X5 designer Pierre Leclercq was frozen in 2005, with test mules being run from the summer of 2005 and prototypes being tested from late 2006. Production began on December 3, 2007.
The second generation X6 (F16) was launched at the Paris Motor Show in 2014.
2008-2013 Oil Reset
- Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds.
- The upper display will be illuminated with a service item. The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item.
- Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
- Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
2014-2018 Oil Reset
- Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
- Press the SET/ RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button.
- When “RESET” appears, release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
- Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
- Turn ignition off.