2001-2019 BMW M-Series Oil Reset
BMW1M Coupe, E12, E24, E26, E28, E30, E31, E34, E36, E36/7, E36/8, E39, E46, E60, E61, E63, E64, E70, E71, E82, E85, E86, E90, E92, E93, F06/F12/F13, F10, F80, F85, M 635 CSi, M Coupe, M Roadster, M1, M3, M5, M535i, M6, M8, model, X5 M, X6 M, Z4 M Coupé, Z4 M Roadster, M135i xDrive – , F40 five-door hatchback, M240i , M240i xDrive – , F22 coupe , F23 convertible , M340i xDrive , G20 sedan, G21 wagon, M550i xDrive , M550d xDrive, G30 sedan, G31 wagon, M760Li xDrive, G12 sedan, M850i xDrive, G14 convertible, G15 coupe and G16 , X2 M35i, F39 , X3 M40i, X3 M40d, G01, X4 M40i, X4 M40d, G02 , X5 M50i , X5 M50d – G05 , X6 M50i, X6 M50d, G06, X7 M50i , Z4 M40i OIL RESET.
About BMW M Series
BMW M GmbH, formerly known as BMW Motorsport GmbH, is a high-performance division of BMW AG that manufactures high-performance cars.
BMW M (“M” for “motorsport”) was initially created to facilitate BMW’s racing program, which was very successful in the 1960s and 1970s. As time passed, BMW M began to supplement BMW’s vehicle portfolio with specially modified higher trim models, for which they are now most known by the general public. These M-badged cars traditionally include modified engines, transmissions, suspensions, interior trims, aerodynamics, and exterior modifications to set them apart from their counterparts. All M models are tested and tuned at BMW’s private facility at the Nürburgring racing circuit in Germany. BMW M also remains the only performance based company to cater motorcycles at the same time, specifically the BMW S1000RR.
2001-2003 Oil Reset
- Turn ignition off. Press and hold “TRIP ODOMETER” button and turn ignition to “ACCESSORY 1”.
- After 5 seconds, “OIL SERVICE RESET (RE)” or “INSPECTION RESET (RE)” will display.
- Release button.
- Press and hold button again. After 5 seconds, “RESET” will flash.
- Release button. Press button once more.
- New interval is displayed.
- Press and hold button again, after 5 seconds “RE” or “RESET” will flash, release button.
- Turn ignition off.
2004-2013 Oil Reset
- Turn ignition to Terminal 15, which is one turn of the key or one press of the START/STOP button.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button on the instrument cluster for 10 seconds.
- The upper display will be illuminated with a service item.
- The lower display will indicate the remaining time or mileage left for the service item.
- Pressing the button repeatedly will allow the display to scroll through all of the condition based service items.
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button again and the lower display will indicate “OK” or “DUE”.
- Pressing the SET/RESET button again will allow the “RESET” to appear in the lower display for that service.
- Releasing and reapplying the button one more time will reset the service displayed in the upper window only.
2014-2019 Oil Reset
- Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
- Press the SET/ RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button. When “RESET” appears, release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
- Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
- Turn ignition off.