7 Easy Steps BMW 2 Series Oil Reset
About BMW 2 Series
The small 2 Series coupe and convertible has razor-sharp handling and a sense of immediacy that is unlike other recent BMWs, which seem to focus more on luxury and comfort. The 228i comes with a 240-hp 2.0-liter four-cylinder while the up-level M235i we tested has a terrific 320-hp, 3.0-liter turbo six-cylinder. Transmission choices are a six-speed manual or eight-speed automatic. The excellent front seats are surrounded with ample space, but the rear seats remain very cramped. Interior appointments are first rate but the iDrive unified control system remains a bit of a pain to learn and use. A sportier, more-powerful M2 version arrived in 2016. 2017 brought revised engines and a change in nomenclature, with the base 228i becoming the 230i and comes with a 248-hp, 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine. The M235i is renamed the M240i.
- Press the start/stop button once (do not start the engine).
- Press and hold the SET/RESET button until the service indicator light appears.
- Press the SET/ RESET button repeatedly to scroll the service menu.
- With the oil change interval highlighted, press and hold the SET/RESET button.
- When “RESET” appears, release the SET/RESET button and press and hold again.
- Reset complete when “OK” and new mileage appears.
- Turn ignition off.