HOW TO RESET: Mitsubishi Outlander Service Reminder Light
Table of Contents
Mitsubishi Outlander Routine Maintenance Required Reminder Indicator Light ( Oil Reset)
Step by step tutorial with an image guide on how to reset the Oil service maintenance reminder indicator light on Mitsubishi Outlander (Spanner/Wrench Light) from year 2006-2007-2008-2006-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020.
Mitsubishi Outlander Periodic Inspection Reset
- Turn off the ignition.
- Press the INFO BUTTON until the Wrench-Miles-Month is displayed. note: some info button is located on the right side of the instrument panel.
- While the Wrench-Miles-Month is displayed press and hold the INFO BUTTON until the wrench symbol starts flashing.
- While the Wrench symbol is flashing release and press the info button again and the CLEAR message is displayed.
- Wait for 2 seconds till the new service maintenance schedule is now set. service maintenance reminder is complete. start the car to verify if the service reminder has been reset.
IF THE ABOVE TUTORIAL IS NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER, PLEASE FOLLOW THE TUTORIAL BELOW.
Mitsubishi Outlander Routine Maintenance Required Message Reset
- Turn ignition OFF.
- Press the page button to scroll to the maintenance reminders.
- While the maintenance reminder is displayed, press and hold the page button until the wrench symbol starts to flash.
- While the Wrench symbol is flashing, release and press again the page button to display CLEAR.
- Then press again the page button. The new maintenance schedule will now set. Start the car to verify the maintenance reminder has been reset.
NOTE: RESET THE SERVICE REMINDER AFTER OIL CHANGE.
About Mitsubishi Outlander
The Mitsubishi Outlander is a crossover SUV manufactured by Japanese automaker Mitsubishi Motors. It was originally known as the Mitsubishi Airtrek when it was introduced in Japan in 2001, and was based on the Mitsubishi ASX concept vehicle exhibited at the 2001 North American International Auto Show. It was sold at Mitsubishi Japan dealership chain called Car Plaza. The ASX (Active Sports Crossover) represented Mitsubishi’s approach to the industry wide crossover SUV trend for retaining the all-season and off-road abilities offered by a high ground clearance and four-wheel drive, while still offering car-like levels of emissions, economy, and size.
The original Airtrek name was chosen to “describe the vehicle’s ability to transport its passengers on adventure-packed journeys in a ‘free-as-a-bird’ manner”, and was “coined from Air and Trek to express the idea of footloose, adventure-filled motoring pleasure.”The Outlander nameplate which replaced it evoked a “feeling of journeying to distant, unexplored lands in search of adventure.”
The second generation of the vehicle was introduced in 2006 and all markets including Japan adopted the Outlander name, although production of the older version continued in parallel. It was built on the company’s GS platform, and used various engines developed by Mitsubishi, Volkswagen, and PSA Peugeot Citroën. PSA’s Citroën C-Crosser and Peugeot 4007, which were manufactured by Mitsubishi in Japan, are badge engineered versions of the second generation Outlander.Global sales achieved the 1.5 million unit milestone in October 2016, 15 years after its market launch.
As part of the third generation line-up, Mitsubishi launched in January 2013 a plug-in hybrid model called Outlander PHEV. Global sales passed the 250,000 unit milestone in May 2020, and according to JATO Dynamics, the Outlander PHEV is the world’s all-time best selling plug-in hybrid since December 2018. As of 2019, Europe is the leading market with over 126,000 units sold through January 2019, and the Outlander plug-in hybrid has listed as Europe’s best-selling plug-in hybrid car for five years running, 2015 to 2019. (source:wiki)