Mercedes-Benz A-Class W117 Service Maintenance Light Reset
Simple tutorial on how to reset the oil service maintenance reminder indicator message light on Mercedes-Benz A-Class W117 from the year 2018-2019-2020.
- Close all doors, gear to park position.
- Turn the ignition to the SECOND POSITION.
- Press the BACK button then select TRIP. (Use the SCROLL pad to NAVIGATE and PRESS to ENTER).
- Press the BACK button and then within 1 second SIMULTANEOUSLY press the ENTER button then hold for 5 seconds then release.
- Then press the BACK button then scroll to WORKSHOP then press ENTER.
- Then scroll to ASSYT PLUS then press ENTER.
- Select FULL SERVICE then press ENTER.
- Select CONFIRM SERVICE then press ENTER.
- Then select your OIL GRADE then press ENTER.
- Select YES then press ENTER.
- SERVICE A is now reset. Turn off the ignition.
THIS TUTORIAL MAY WORK TO THE FOLLOWING MODEL
- A 160 – I4 turbo (M282 DE14 LA)
- A 160 d – I4 turbo (OM 608 DE 15 SCR)
- A 180 – I4 turbo (M282 DE14 LA)
- A 180 d – I4 turbo (OM 608 DE 15 SCR)
- A 200 – I4 turbo (M282 DE14 LA)
- A 200 d – I4 turbo (OM 654 DE 20 SCR)
- A 220 – I4 turbo (M260 DE20 LA)
- A 220 4MATIC – I4 turbo (M260 DE20 LA)
- A 220 d – I4 turbo (OM 654 DE 20 SCR)
- A 250 – I4 turbo (M260 DE20 LA)
- A 250 4MATIC – I4 turbo (M260 DE20 LA)
- A 35 AMG 4MATIC – I4 turbo (M260 DE20 LA)
- A 45 AMG 4MATIC+ – I4 turbo (M139)
- A 45 S AMG 4MATIC+ – I4 turbo (M139)
About Mercedes-Benz W117
The W177 Mercedes-Benz A-Class is the fourth and current generation of the A-Class range of subcompact executive hatchbacks and sedans. It was launched in 2018 as the successor to the W176 A-Class, with sales commencing in March 2018.The available bodystyles include:
- 5-door hatchback (W177 model code)
- 4-door sedan (V177 model code)
- 4-door long wheelbase sedan (Z177, only sold in China)
It is sold in Europe and Canada, in hatch form.
The A-Class hatchback officially debuted at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. It is based on the front-wheel drive MFA2 (Modular Front Architecture) platform and features front MacPherson struts, and rear torsion beam suspension on lower end models or a multi-link rear suspension on A250 models.
The W177 A-Class comes as standard with 16-inch alloy wheels, cruise control, keyless ignition, and LED daytime running lights.
All models feature the new Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) infotainment system with a redesigned touch interface and voice-controlled smart assistant that is activated by saying “Hey Mercedes”. MBUX also contains what3words functionality as standard. It is also able to offer quick shortcuts to menus based on the past habits of the user. The system is also optionally available with an augmented reality navigation system that records and displays directional arrows on the road in the navigation system.
Standard models feature two 7-inch displays for the instrument cluster and MBUX screen, and can be upgraded to a 10.25-inch display with touchpad controls, real-time traffic information, and traffic sign recognition. Other available options include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, ambient lighting, a head-up display, and the use of a smartphone to lock or unlock the car via NFC.
Mercedes-AMG A 35 4MATIC+, A 45 4MATIC+, and A 45 S 4MATIC+
The A 35 4MATIC+ model was unveiled at the 2018 Paris Motor Show. It uses an all-wheel drive layout and has a 7-speed dual clutch AMG SpeedShift DCT transmission.
On 2 January 2019, the automobile insurance company, HUK24, accidentally revealed the information about new A 45 4MATIC+ and A 45 S 4MATIC+ AMG in its website. The engine is heavily revised M133 and renamed M139 with higher compression ratio (9.0:1 versus 8.6:1 for M133 engine) and a twin-scroll turbocharger situated behind the engine for better air flow management. There are two power levels: A 45 4MATIC+ with 285 kW (382 hp) and 480 N⋅m (354 lb⋅ft) and A 45 S 4MATIC+ with 310 kW (416 hp) and 500 N⋅m (369 lb⋅ft). At 416 hp (421 PS), the M139 engine is the most powerful series production four-cylinder engine with specific output of 208 hp (210 PS) per litre (or 104 hp per cylinder). (source:wiki)