HOW TO RESET
2005-2013 Corvette C6 Oil Reset
On this OIL RESET instruction, we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the RIGHT SIDE of the INSTRUMENT PANEL.
- Turn the IGNITION ON, Don’t start the ENGINE.
- Press the TRIP BUTTON, until the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed. PRESS and HOLD the RESET BUTTON for 2-5 seconds, until the OIL LIFE reset to 100%.
- Turn the IGNITION OFF. Oil reset is complete.
2014-2019 Chevrolet Corvette C7 OIL RESET
On this model of CHEVROLET CORVETTE we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the RIGHT SIDE of the STEERING WHEEL.
- Use the DIC BUTTON to navigate to the INFO then press SEL.
- Inside the INFO page use UP/DOWN arrow to display the REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed. PRESS and HOLD the SEL BUTTON until you hear a beep and the OIL LIFE is RESET to 100%.
- Turn ignition OFF. Oil reset is complete.
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temper ature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will not reset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.