HOW TO: CHEVROLET VOLT CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON RESET (OIL RESET)2010-2020
Table of Contents
CHEVROLET VOLT OIL LIFE RESET
CHEVROLET VOLT 2010-2011-2012-2013-2014 -2015 OIL RESET
- Turn the ignition on. Dont start the Engine
- Use the SELECT knob to select OIL LIFE on the DIC menu.
- Press SELECT to start the OIL LIFE reset procedure.
- The DIC menu will display “Are you sure that you want to reset?” Use SELECT to choose YES to reset oil life or NO to exit and return to the previous menu.
- If YES is selected, the DIC menu will display RESET OIL LIFE for a short time and then 100% OIL LIFE will be displayed when OIL LIFE is successfully reset.
- Turn Ignition off. Oil Reset is now complete.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL.
CHEVROLET VOLT 2016-2017-2018-2019-2020 OIL RESET
- Turn the Ignition but Dont start the Engine.
- Use the DIC button, to navigate and to display the remaining oil life.
- Press the check mark button while the oil life is displayed.
- 100% OIL LIFE will be displayed when the oil life system is successfully reset.
THE OIL LIFE CAN ALSO BE RESET USING THIE PROCEDURE.
- Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEAE WATCH THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL.
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.