HOW TO RESET
It is very easy to reset the SERVICE ENGINE OIL on Chevrolet Caprice. Please follow in the instruction menu.
1991-1996 Caprice CHANGE OIL RESET
- First make sure the ENGINE IS OFF. Then Turn the IGNITION TO ON.
- Then Press the GAS PEDAL 3X within 5 seconds.
- After Pressing Gas Pedal 3x. Turn Ignition OFF.
- Then Turn Ignition On. The CHANGE OIL MESSAGE should be gone. If fail repeat the procedure.
2006-2017 Caprice OIL RESET
- Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
- After the STEP 2. Turn Ignition OFF. Then Turn On to verify the success of OIL RESET. The Oil Life reminder should be gone. if fail repeat the procedure.
THIS TUTORIAL MAY WORK TO THE FOLLOWING CAR MODEL.
- Buick Park Avenue (China)
- Holden WM/WN Caprice
- Daewoo Veritas (Korea)
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.