HOW TO RESET
There are 2 method to reset the OIL LIFE of Chevrolet HHR. Please follow the instruction below.
HHR OIL RESET: METHOD 1 -USING THE GAS PEDAL
- Turn the IGNITION ON, Don’t start the ENGINE.
- Fully PRESS and RELEASE the GAS PEDAL 3X within 5 seconds.
- Then Turn the Ignition OFF. Then Turn it ON, to verify if the OIL LIFE is reset to 100%.
- The OIL LIFE should be reset to 100%. If fail repeat the procedure or proceed to METHOD 2.
HHR OIL RESET: METHOD 2 -USING THE DIC BUTTON
On this tutorial we need to use the
- Turn the IGNITION ON, Don’t start the CAR ENGINE.
- Press the INFO BUTTON until it DISPLAY the REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is DISPLAYED. PRESS and HOLD the RESET BUTTON until the OIL LIFE RESET to 100%.
- Turn Ignition to OFF. Oil Reset is complete.
THIS TUTORIAL MAY WORK FOR THE FOLLOWING CAR MODEL.
- Chevrolet Cobalt
- Pontiac G5
- Saturn Ion
- Saturn Astra
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will not reset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.