HOW TO RESET
2008-2017 Enclave Oil Reset
On this tutorial. We need to use the DIC BUTTON located below the NAVIGATION display.
- Turn the IGNITION ON. Don’t Start the Engine.
- Press the INFO BUTTON until the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed. Press and hold the RESET BUTTON until “100%” is displayed. Three chimes sound and the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message goes off.
- Turn Ignition Off. Oil reset is complete.
2018-2020 ENCLAVE OIL RESET
On this year model of Buick Enclave we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the right side of the STEERING WHEEL.
- Turn the IGNITION ON, Don’t start the ENGINE.
- Press the LEFT ARROW on the DIC then select INFO then Press DOWN ARROW to Display the REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- Or, You can simple Press the DOWN ARROW until the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed. HOLD and PRESS the CHECK MARK BUTTON until the OIL LIFE is RESET to 100%.
- Turn Ignition OFF. Oil reset is complete.
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will not reset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.