HOW TO RESET
2014-2020 Buick Envision Oil Reset
On this tutorial we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the RIGHT side of the STEERING WHEEL.
- Turn the IGNITION ON, Don’t start the Engine.
- Please Left Arrow to display Menu. Then Select INFO .
- Then PRESS DOWN arrow on the DIC BUTTON to display the REMAINING OIL LIFE.ex-image.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed. PRESS the LEFT ARROW on the DIC to display the RESET MENU.
- While the RESET menu is displayed. select RESET and press the CHECK BUTTON.
- After you select the RESET and press the CHECK BUTTON. the confirmation message will appear. Select YES to confirm the OIL RESET.
- After you select the YES. the OIL LIFE will RESET to 100%.
NOTE: YOU CAN ALSO RESET THE OIL LIFE BY HOLD AND PRESS THE CHECK MARK BUTTON WHILE THE REMAINING OIL LIFE IS DISPLAYED. see STEP 3.
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will not reset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.