Volvo C70 1998-2013 Service Light Reset
HOW TO RESET VOLVO C70 SERVICE LIGHT REMINDER
Volvo C70 1998 Service Reset
NOTE: Depending on application, Service Reminder Indicator (SRI) may be turned off by one of two methods.
Vehicles with VDO Instrument Cluster:
The service reminder indicator is lit for two minutes each time the engine is started until it is reset after the
next service. Reset is performed using a Volvo scan tool, or equivalent aftermarket scan tool.
Connect scan tool to Data Link Connector (DLC) in the center console, in front of shift lever.
Turn ignition on, with engine off. Follow scan tool menus as follows:
1. Select LANGUAGE, press ENTER
2. Select 800 SERIES, press ENTER
3. Select SERVICE, press ENTER
4. Select RESET SRI, press EXIT
Vehicles with Yazaki Instrument Cluster
The service reminder indicator comes on when 10,000 mile (15,000 km) service interval is reached.
1. Vehicle is equipped with the Yazaki instrument cluster.
2. The service reminder reset knob is located on front of instrument cluster, underneath a rubber grommet.
3. To reset, remove rubber grommet. Use a small screwdriver to depress the knob.
The service reminder light will illuminate at 10,000 miles, 750 hours of driving or 12 months, whichever comes first to remind driver that service interval has been exceeded. Service reminder light is reset using Volvo Scan Tool, or equivalent aftermarket scan tool. Follow scan tool manufacturer’s instructions. Diagnostic connector is located in center console, in front of shift lever.
Volvo C70 1999-2000- 2001 -2002- 2003 -2004 Service light Reset.
- Turn ignition off.
- Press in trip odometer reset button.
- Switch ignition on, while continuing to press trip odometer reset button.
- Continue pressing in the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release reset button within 4 seconds.
Volvo C70 2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 Service light Reset
NOTE: If equipped with a push-button start/stop ignition, see PUSH BUTTON START/STOP IGNITION SWITCH POSITIONS for ignition switch positions.
NOTE: The lamp can also be reset using VIDA (Volvo Diagnostic Scanner) vehicle communication.
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the vehicle to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 seconds each time the ignition is switched on.
- Turn ignition to position I (ON.)
- Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer.
- Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds, while continuing to press trip odometer reset button.
- Hold the reset button for the trip odometer pressed in until the original value has been reset.
- The information lamp lights when the reset button must be released.
- Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded. NOTE: If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.
If the trip odometer is already reset, the reset button must be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.