Volvo S70 Service Reminder Light Reset
Volvo S70 1998 Service Reminder Reset
NOTE: Depending on application, Service Reminder Indicator (SRI) may be turned off by one of two methods.
Vehicles with VDO Instrument Cluster:
The service reminder indicator is lit for two minutes each time the engine is started until it is reset after the
next service. Reset is performed using a Volvo scan tool, or equivalent aftermarket scan tool.
Connect scan tool to Data Link Connector (DLC) in the center console, in front of shift lever.
Turn ignition on, with engine off. Follow scan tool menus as follows:
1. Select LANGUAGE, press ENTER
2. Select 800 SERIES, press ENTER
3. Select SERVICE, press ENTER
4. Select RESET SRI, press EXIT
Vehicles with Yazaki Instrument Cluster
The service reminder indicator comes on when 10,000 mile (15,000 km) service interval is reached.
1. Vehicle is equipped with the Yazaki instrument cluster.
2. The service reminder reset knob is located on front of instrument cluster, underneath a rubber grommet.
3. To reset, remove rubber grommet. Use a small screwdriver to depress the knob.
The service reminder light will illuminate at 10,000 miles, 750 hours of driving or 12 months, whichever comes first to remind driver that service interval has been exceeded. Service reminder light is reset using Volvo Scan Tool, or equivalent aftermarket scan tool. Follow scan tool manufacturer’s instructions. Diagnostic connector is located in center console, in front of shift lever.
Volvo S70 1999-2000 Service Reminder Reset
- Turn ignition off.
- Press in trip odometer reset button.
- Switch ignition on, while continuing to press trip odometer reset button.
- Continue pressing in the reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release reset button within 4 seconds.