Volvo V50 2005-2011 Service Reminder Light Reset
NOTE: If equipped with a push-button start/stop ignition, see PUSH BUTTON START/STOP IGNITION SWITCH POSITIONS for ignition switch positions.
NOTE: The lamp can also be reset using VIDA vehicle communication.
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the vehicle to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 seconds each time the ignition is switched on.
1. Turn ignition to position I.
2. Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer.
3. Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds, while continuing to press trip odometer reset button.
4. Hold the reset button for the trip odometer pressed in until the original value has been reset.
5. The information lamp lights when the reset button must be released.
6. Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded.
NOTE: If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.
7. If the trip odometer is already reset, the reset button must be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.