HOW TO RESET VOLVO C30 SERVICE LIGHT
About Volvo C30.
The Volvo C30 is a pleasant two-door, four-seat hatchback, but it isn’t really engaging to drive. Power comes from a hardworking turbocharged 2.5-liter, five-cylinder engine that delivered a reasonable 25 mpg overall. The manual transmission shifts easily and smoothly. The ride is compliant, and the cabin is relatively quiet. We found the C30 to be neither as agile nor as exciting as competitors. However, passengers will find a relatively comfortable interior that works well even on the longest trips. It also came equipped with standard curtain airbags, but Volvo’s blind-spot warning system was optional. Model year 2013 was the final outing for the C30.
Volvo C30 Service Reset
NOTE: If equipped with a push-button start/stop ignition, see PUSH BUTTON START/STOP IGNITION SWITCH POSITIONS for ignition switch positions.
NOTE: The lamp can also be reset using VIDA (Volvo Diagnostic Scanner) vehicle communication.
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the vehicle to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 seconds each time the ignition is switched on.
- Turn ignition to position I (ON.)
- Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer.
- Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds, while continuing to press trip odometer reset button.
- Hold the reset button for the trip odometer pressed in until the original value has been reset.
- The information lamp lights when the reset button must be released.
- Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded. NOTE: If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.
If the trip odometer is already reset, the reset button must be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
This tutorial will work for Volvo C30 from year 2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013.