NISSAN TERRA MAINTENANCE RESET
Easy steps to reset the maintenance reminder indicator (Oil Life Maintenance, Tire pressure light) on Nissan Terra from year 2018-2019-2020.
Oil Reset and Tire Pressure Light Reset on Nissan Terra.
- Turn the Ignition On. Don’t Start the Engine.
- Press the PAGE (1) button to navigate VEHICLE SETTINGS.
- Then use the UP/DOWN button to navigate MAINTENANCE. > Press ENTER.
- To reset the MAINTENANCE OIL LIGHT select OIL and FILTER.
- To reset the OILFILTER LIGHT Select Oil Filter.
- to reset the TIRE after replacing TIRE.
- You can also reset the OTHER MAINTENANCE.
- Select the MAINTENANCE you want to reset (EX: Oil & Filter ) then press ENTER, then select RESET, Select Yes to confirm the RESET then press ENTER.
- Turn the Ignition off maintenance reset is complete.
Nissan Terra TPMS Reset
To keep the TPMS functioning properly, the reset operation must be performed in the following cases.
- When the tire pressure is adjusted
- When a tire or a wheel is replaced
- When the tires are rotated Perform the following procedures to reset the TPMS.
- Park the vehicle in a safe and level place.
- Apply the parking brake and place the shift lever in the “P” (Park) position.
- Adjust the tire pressure on all four tires to the recommended COLD tire pressure shown on the tire placard. Use a tire pressure gauge to check the tire pressure.
- Place the ignition switch in the “ON” position.
- Push the switch (2 -PAGE BUTTON) until “SETTINGS” appears in the vehicle information display.
- Use the UP/DOWN until “Tire Pressures” is selected, and push ENTER (1) .
- Use the UP/DOWN until “TPMS RESET” is selected, and push ENTER (1) .
- Use the UP/DOWN switch until “Start” is selected, and push ENTER to reset the TPMS. When the TPMS resetting starts, the message “TPMS resetting” will be displayed.
- After resetting the TPMS, drive the vehicle for several minutes at speeds above 25 km/h (16 MPH).
If the low tire pressure warning light illuminates after the resetting operation, it may indicate that the TPMS is not functioning properly. Have the system checked by a NISSAN dealer.
About Nissan Terra
The Nissan Terra is a mid-size SUV manufactured by Nissan. It was launched to the public at the April 2018 Auto China. The Terra is currently positioned in size between the X-Trail/Rogue compact crossover and Patrol/Armada full-size SUV. The car fills the position left by the third generation Pathfinder that sold between 2005 and 2012. It also replaces the Paladin in China. The name “Terra” is Latin for “earth”.
In 2011, when the development of the D23 Nissan Navara started, Nissan was considering to develop an SUV based on the Navara as the successor of the Nissan Paladin. At the early phase of the development, Nissan executives aimed the car to the growing Chinese and Middle East market. However, the development of Terra was stuck in around 2014 and 2015 as the executives were undecided with the new SUV position in the segment, as the popular X-Trail sits very close to the aimed segment.
Terra was planned to be launched in 2016, however there are several constraints in the development of the car that delayed the launch. In 2015, the competitors which are Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Montero Sport/Pajero Sport, Ford Everest had the new generation launched, which in turn surprised Nissan’s engineering team as the new iterations from the competitors were more advanced than they expected. The development team had to stop the progress to evaluate and improve the details of the Terra in order to compete. The development was also constrained by a new excise tax structure based on emissions introduced by the Thailand government, which forced Nissan to engineer the cleaner YS23DDTT diesel engine from Renault to the Terra. As the result, the Terra release was delayed by two years. The official details of the vehicle were eventually revealed in 15 March 2018 and was unveiled in the following month.
According to Pedro Deanda, chief product specialist that supervises the development of the car, the Terra shares the front door panels, front hood bonnet and the door handles with the D23 Navara. The chassis and suspension was re-engineered to be shorter for comfort and maneuverability.