Mercedes-Benz E-Class W211 Service Maintenance Indicator Light Reset
A simple guide on how to reset the oil service exceeded maintenance reminder indicator message on Mercedez-Benz E-Class W211 from the year 2002-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009.
- Close all doors, gear to the park position.
- Turn the ignition to position 1.
- Press the MENU/OK button until the TEMPERATURE is displayed. (for some models step 3 is not necessary.)
- While the TEMPERATURE is displayed. Press the ODO/TRIP
- Then press the UP button to navigate the SERVICE MENU.
- Press the MINUS (-) button to scroll down to CONFIRMATION then press the OK button.
- Select FULL SERVICE then press the OK button.
- SERVICE CONFIRM.
- Turn off the ignition. The service reset is complete.
THIS TUTORIAL MAY WORK TO THE FOLLOWING ENGINE MODEL
- E200 CDI
E200 NGT BlueEFFICIENCY
About Mercedes-Benz E-Class (W211)
The Mercedes-Benz W211 is the internal designation for a range of vehicles manufactured by Mercedes-Benz E-Class, from 2002-2009 in sedan/saloon and station wagon/estate configurations — replacing the W210 E-Class models and superseded by the Mercedes-Benz W212 in 2009.
The C219, marketed as the CLS, was introduced as a niche model in 2005, based on W211 mechanicals.
Launched in 2002 for the 2003 model year, the W211 E-Class was another evolution of the previous model. Before North American sales began, the car was shown in the 2002 movie Men in Black II. The W211 development program began in 1997, followed by design work. The final designs were chosen in 1999 and German patents were later filed on December 18, 2000 utilizing an E 500 prototype. Development ended in 2001 after 48 months, at a total cost of €2 billion. Pilot production went into testing in the summer of 2001, the W211 E-Class debut at the Brussels Motor Show in January 2002. (source:wiki)