HOW TO RESET: Chevrolet Tahoe Change Engine Oil Life Reset
Table of Contents
HOW TO RESET OIL LIFE CHEVY TAHOE
CHEVROLET TAHOE 2000-2006 OIL RESET
On this tutorial we need to use the GM OIL LIFE RESET METHOD.
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly THREE TIME (3X) within five seconds.
- If the OIL LIFE RESET message flashes for 10 seconds, the system is resetting.
- Turn the key to LOCK. Oil reset is complete.
NOTE: THIS METHOD MAY ALSO WORK ON CHEVROLET TAHOE 2007-2014.
CHEVROLET TAHOE 2007-2014 CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON RESET
On this year model. We will use the DIC BUTTON located at the right side of INSTRUMENT CLUSTER.
- Turn the IGNITION ON. Don’t start the engine, just the ACCESSORY MODE.
- Continue Press the INFORMATION BUTTON until the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed. Press the SET/RESET BUTTON, Until the OIL LIFE RESET to 100%.
- Turn the IGNITION OFF. Oil reset is complete.
NOTE: You can also RESET the OIL LIFE using the GM OIL LIFE RESET Method. See above tutorial.
CHEVROLET TAHOE 2015-2020 REMAINING OIL LIFE RESET
On this tutorial we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the RIGHT SIDE of the STEERING WHEEL.
- Start the CAR ENGINE of CHEVROLET TAHOE.
- Use the DIC Button. Press the LEFT ARROW button then use UP ARROW to select INFORMATION, Then Press the CHECK MARK BUTTON.
- Use the UP or Down Arrow, to navigate and to display the REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed. PRESS and HOLD the CHECK MARK BUTTON until the REMAINING OIL LIFE will RESET to 100%. (You will hear a single beep)
- Turn Engine OFF. Oil Reset is done.
THIS TUTORIAL MAY ALSO WORK FOR THE FOLLOWING CAR MODEL IN YOU AREA.
- Cadillac Escalade
- Cadillac Escalade ESV
- GMC Yukon
- GMC Yukon XL
- Chevrolet Suburban
- Chevrolet Silverado
- GMC Sierra
- Chevrolet Sonora (Mexico)
- Chevrolet Tahoe Police Package
- Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD Special Service
- Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD PPV
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.