HOW TO RESET
Chevy Blazer 2018-2020 Oil Reset Guide
On this tutorial we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the right side of the steering wheel on the Chevrolet Blazer.
- Turn the Ignition On or in a Accessory Mode (With the engine off and the brake pedal not depressed, press the ENGINE START/
STOP button to place the ignition in accessory mode)
- Press the LEFT ARROW to Display the Menu. from the Menu Select INFO.
- Use DIC Button to Display the REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- While the OIL LIFE is displayed. PRESS and HOLD the OK BUTTON, the Confirmation Message will appear.
- Confirm YES, and the oil life will change to 100%.
- Turn Ignition OFF. Oil Reset is complete. If above tutorial is difficult for you to follow. try the next method.
SECOND METHOD TO RESET THE OIL LIFE OF CHEVY BLAZER.
- Place the ignition in Service Mode.
- Display REMAINING OIL LIFE on the DIC menu.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
- If the display changes to 100%, the system is reset.
If the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Oil Life : Shows an estimate of the oil’s remaining useful life. If REMAINING OIL LIFE 99% is displayed, that means 99% of the current oil life remains.
When the remaining oil life is low, the CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message will appear on the display. The oil should be changed as soon as possible.In addition to the engine oil life system monitoring the oil life, additional maintenance is recommended.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will not reset itself. Do not to reset the Oil Life display at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system, press and hold the thumbwheel for several seconds while the Oil Life display is active.