HOW TO RESET
CHEVY VENTURE 2001-2005 OIL LIFE RESET
On this tutorial we need to use the TRIP/Reset Button.
- With the ignition key in RUN but the engine off, repeatedly push the TRIP/RESET BUTTON until OIL is displayed on the Driver Information Center (DIC).
- Once OIL is displayed, push and hold the TRIP/RESET BUTTON for five seconds. The number will disappear and be replaced by 100 (indicating 100% oil life remaining).
- Turn Ignition OFF. Oil Reset is now Complete.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL MESSAGE RESET ON CHEVROLET VENTURE
If above Tutorial fail. maybe you have different instrument cluster. if your dashboard is the same below. Please follow this OIL RESET Procedure.
- Turn the Ignition On. Don’t start the engine.
- Press the Gas Pedal 3x within 5 Seconds.
- After Pressing the Gas Pedal 3x. The CHANGE ENGINE OIL Should be gone.IF fail repeat the procedure.
- Turn ignition OFF. Oil Reset is now Complete.
THIS TUTORIAL MAY ALSO WORK FOR THE FOLLOWING CAR MODEL.
- Oldsmobile Silhouette
- Pontiac Trans Sport (until 1999)
- Pontiac Montana
- Chevrolet Trans Sport (Europe)
- Opel Sintra (Europe, until 1999)
- Vauxhall Sintra (United Kingdom, until 1999)
- Buick GL8 (China, from 2000)
- Pontiac Trans Sport Montana (until 1999)
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.