HOW TO RESET
2012-2016 Chevrolet Trax Oil Reset
On this tutorial we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the back of STEERING WHEEL on the left side.
- Turn the Ignition ON, Don’t start the Engine.
- PRESS the MENU BUTTON until the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the OIL LIFE is Displayed. HOLD and PRESS the SET/CLR BUTTON until the OIL LIFE reset to 100%.
- Turn Ignition OFF. Oil reset is complete.
2017-2020 Chevrolet Trax Oil Reset
On this year model of CHEVROLET TRAX we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the back of steering wheel on the left side.
- Turn the IGNITION ON, Don’t START the ENGINE.
- PRESS the MENU BUTTON to display the REMAINING OIL OIL LIFE.
- While the REMAINING OIL LIFE is displayed. HOLD and PRESS the SET/CLR BUTTON.
- After you PRESS the SET/CLR BUTTON, CONFIRMATION MESSAGE will appear, Select (YES) to RESET THE OIL LIFE TO 100%.
- Turn the IGNITION OFF. Oil RESET is now complete.
THIS TUTORIAL MAY WORK FOR THE FOLLOWING CAR MODEL.
- Holden Trax (Oceania)
- Chevrolet Tracker (CIS/Brazil)
- Opel Mokka
- Buick Encore
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.