HOW TO RESET
CHEVY SUBURBAN 2000-2014 OIL LIFE RESET
- Turn the ignition On. Don’t start the Suburban Car Engine.
- Wait a moment,until the ENGINE OIL LIFE will display on the instrument cluster.
- While the ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed. Fully press the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
- After Pressing the GAS pedal 3x. The OIL LIFE RESET appear on the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER.
- After 10 – 15 seconds. The ENGINE OIL LIFE: 100% is displayed on the INSTRUMENT CLUSTER.
- Turn Ignition Off. Oil reset is now complete.
IF ABOVE TUTORIAL FAIL FOLLOW THIS PROCEDURE
- Turn the ignition to ON/RUN with the engine off.
- immediately Fully press the accelerator pedal slowly three times within five seconds.
- After Pressing Gas Pedal 3X, The OIL LIFE WILL RESET TO 100%.
If the vehicle has a CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message and it comes back on when the vehicle is started and/or the OIL LIFE REMAINING is near 0%, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
CHEVY SUBURBAN 2015-2020 OIL LIFE RESET
On this year model of Chevrolet Suburban we need to use the DIC BUTTON located at the right side of the steering wheel.
- Start the Chevrolet Suburban Car Engine.
- Use the DIC Button. Press the LEFT ARROW button then use UP ARROW to select INFO, Then Press the CHECK MARK BUTTON.
- Press the DOWN/UP Arrow to Navigate the remaining OIL LIFE.
- While the remaining OIL LIFE is displayed. PRESS the RIGHT ARROW BUTTON. The RESET will appear, Select RESET then Press the CHECK MARK BUTTON. The OIL LIFE will reset to 100%.
- Turn Engine OFF. Oil reset is complete.
THIS TUTORIAL MAY WORK FOR THE FOLLOWING CAR MODEL
- GMC Yukon XL
- GMC Yukon XL Denali
- Cadillac Escalade ESV
- Chevrolet Silverado
- GMC Sierra
- Chevrolet Avalanche
- Cadillac Escalade EXT
- Chevrolet Tahoe
- Cadillac Escalade
- Hummer H2
- GMC Yukon
- T-98 Kombat/Dartz
- Cadillac Escalade (2015)
- GMC Yukon (2015)
- Cadillac Escalade (2021)
- GMC Yukon (2021)
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.