CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON RESET CHECY CRUZE
2011-2012-2013-2014-2015 CHEVROLET CRUZE OIL RESET
- Turn the ignition to run (one position before starting engine).
- Press the DIC menu button on the turn signal lever to enter the vehicle information menu. Use the thumbwheel to scroll through the menu items until you reach REMAINING OIL LIFE.
- Press the SET/CLR button to reset the oil life to 100%. When prompted select YES or NO. Press the SET/CLR button to confirm.
- Turn the ignition off and then start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
FOR MORE INFORMATIO PLEASE WATCH THIS SIMPLE VIDEO TUTORIAL
02016-2017-2018-2019-2020 CHEVROLET CRUZE OIL LIFE RESET
- Turn the ignition to ON position without starting the engine.
- Scroll to the right until you get to the (vehicle menu) by using the navigation button (located on the steering wheel)
- Scroll down until you see “REMAINING OIL LIFE”
- Hold down the (CHECK MARK BUTTON) button , When a message appears on the display, select YES to confirm the reset
- Turn the ignition off. Oil reset is now complete.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL.
The oil life system can also be reset as follows:
- Turn the ignition on with th engine off.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds.
Engine Oil Life System
When to Change Engine Oil
This vehicle has a computer system that indicates when to change the engine oil and filter. This is based on a combination of factors which include engine revolutions, engine temperature, and miles driven. Based on driving conditions, the mileage at which an oil change is indicated can vary considerably. For the oil life system to work properly, the system must be reset every time the oil is changed.
CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON
This message displays when the engine oil needs to be changed. When you change the engine oil, be sure to reset the Oil Life System.
The Oil Life display must be reset after each oil change. It will notreset itself. Do not reset the Oil Life display accidentally at any time other than when the oil has just been changed. It cannot be reset accurately until the next oil change. To reset the engine oil life system,follow the instruction above.