2000-2018 Volvo S60 Oil Reset
About Volvo S60
One of the first of the new breed of attractively styled Volvos, the 2001 S60 sedan was more stylish than the boxy S70 it replaced, but rather disappointing overall. The ride, though better than the S70’s, is still a bit stiff and jiggly, and handling is neither agile nor sporty. With its 197-hp turbocharged five-cylinder engine, the 2.4T version provides fairly brisk acceleration. The higher-performance T5 doesn’t feel as quick as its 247-hp rating would suggest. An AWD option arrived for 2002. The cabin is quiet, and the seats are very comfortable, though the rear accommodations are cramped. The S60’s confusing audio controls were improved for 2005.
A 2011 redesign made the S60 much nicer, with agile handling and a taut, steady ride. The standard T5 is pretty lively, but the top-level T6 is quicker and more refined. Among the advanced safety gear is an innovation Volvo called “City Safety”. This helps prevent low-speed crashes by scanning the road ahead, sounding an alarm and applying the brakes if you are likely to collide with the car in front of you. This feature has since spread throughout the industry. Today, it is known as forward collision mitigation. The T5’s five-cylinder engine can sound gruff, but provides lively acceleration and respectable fuel economy. The interior is quiet, neatly finished and front-seat comfort is excellent. However, the rear seats are best suited for children and trunk capacity is meager.
2000-2009 Oil Reset
- With ignition off, press and hold the trip odometer “RESET” button and turn ignition to the “RUN” position within 2 seconds.
- Continue to hold button until original value has been reset.
- When the information lamp turns on, release button within 4 seconds.
- A chime will be heard.
- Turn ignition off.
2010-2018 Oil Reset
- Turn ignition to “POSITION I”. Press and hold trip odometer reset button (or “OK” button if equipped) and turn ignition to “POSITION II”.
- Continue to hold button for 10 seconds, release when light begins to flash.
- A sound will be heard and the light will turn off.
- Turn ignition off for 3 minutes then start engine to confirm reset.
- Turn ignition to “POSITION I”.
- Press and hold “OK” button and turn ignition to “POSITION II”.
- Continue to hold for 10 seconds.
- Release button when light begins to flash.
- Turn ignition off for 3 minutes, then start engine to verify reset.