Volvo DTC OBD Codes P013A P013C P013E P014A
Volvo DTC OBD Codes P013A P013C P013E P014A Oxygen Sensor Problem
The engine control module (ECM) checks the rear heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) signal (bank 2). The Engine control module (ECM) actively regulates between rich and lean fuel/air mixture and registers how well the rear heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) signal follows these changes. The engine cylinders are counted from the cylinder furthest away from the flywheel.
- – Bank 1 (cylinder row nearest the front): cylinders 1, 3, 5 and 7.
- – Bank 2 (cylinder row furthest to the rear, nearest the passenger compartment): cylinders 2, 4, 6, and 8.
The diagnostic trouble code (DTC) is stored if the control module detects that:
- – The heated oxygen sensor reacts too slowly at switch from rich to lean.
The control module’s test for the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) starts in theevent of:
- – Special driving cases with fuel shut-offs.
- – Contact resistance or oxidation in the terminals.
- – Damaged rear heated oxygen sensor (HO2S).
- – Warning lights and chimes/Malfunction Indicator Light (“Check engine” light) indication/no indication.
Oxygen Sensor Location
Total Views 42 total views, Today's View 2 views today