HOW TO RESET THE Oil Change Reminder Reset ON Pontiac G5
The Pontiac G5 was a rebadged version of the Chevrolet Cobalt.
The Pontiac Pursuit was originally introduced in Canada as a sedan in 2005. The Pontiac Pursuit was only available as a sedan and was only sold in Canada from 2005 to 2006. In 2006, another version of the vehicle was released called the Pontiac G5 Pursuit in Canada, but it was now available as both a sedan and a coupe. This vehicle was available as both a sedan and coupe also in Mexico as the Pontiac G4 from 2005 to 2006.
In the United States, the Pontiac G5 went on sale in 2006 as a 2007 model, serving as the replacement for the Pontiac Sunfire. The Pontiac G5 in the United States was only available as a coupe. However, in Canada, and in Mexico, the Pontiac G5 went on sale in early 2007 as a 2007 model, available as both a sedan and coupe.
General Motors discontinued the Pontiac G5 in the United States in 2009. One year later in 2010, General Motors discontinued the Pontiac G5 in both Canada and Mexico. The G5 was discontinued as a direct result of General Motors phasing out the Pontiac brand in 2010. In the United States and in Mexico, the Chevrolet Cruze had replaced both Chevrolet Cobalt and the Pontiac G5. The Buick Verano had replaced the Pontiac G5 in Canada.
OIL CHANGE REMINDER RESET
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1,000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life system may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and at this time the system must be reset.
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine OFF.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) at the same time to enter the personalization menu.
- Press the INFO button to scroll through the available personalization menu modes until the DIC display shows OIL-LIFE RESET.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons at the same time for one second and release.
- Press and hold the reset button until the DIC display shows ACKNOWLEDGED. This will tell you
the system has been reset.
- Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
Alternate Method (Some Models)
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press the release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Several beeps sound. This confirms the oil life system has been reset.
- If the CHANGE/OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Daghan Salamat Higala sa pag bisita!