Pontiac Pursuit 2005-2010 Oil Change Reminder Reset
HOW TO RESET the Oil Change Reminder Reset on Pontiac Pursuit
A Pontiac version was sold in the United States and Mexico under the G5 name for 2007–2009. It was sold as the Pontiac G4 in Mexico for 2005–2006 and as the Pontiac G5 in Canada for its entire run (where it was briefly known as the Pontiac Pursuit and later Pontiac G5 Pursuit). In all cases, the G5 replaced the Cavalier-related Pontiac Sunfire. While the Cobalt was available as a 2-door coupe and a 4-door sedan in all markets it was offered in, the G5 was only available as a coupé in the United States while a sedan version was sold alongside the coupé in Canada and Mexico.
OIL CHANGE REMINDER RESET
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1,000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life system may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and at this time the system must be reset.
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine OFF.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) at the same time to enter the personalization menu.
- Press the INFO button to scroll through the available personalization menu modes until the DIC display shows OIL-LIFE RESET.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons at the same time for one second and release.
- Press and hold the reset button until the DIC display shows ACKNOWLEDGED. This will tell you
the system has been reset.
- Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
Alternate Method (Some Models)
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press the release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Several beeps sound. This confirms the oil life system has been reset.
- If the CHANGE/OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Daghan Salamat Higala sa pag bisita!
Total Views 107 total views, Today's View 8 views today