HOW-TO RESET Oil Change Reminder Reset ON Chevrolet Cobalt
The Chevrolet Cobalt is a compact car initially introduced by Chevrolet in 2004 for the 2005 model year. The Cobalt replaced both the Cavalier and the Toyota-based Geo Prizm/Chevrolet Prizm as Chevrolet’s compact car. The Cobalt was available as both a coupe and sedan, and was based on the GM Delta platform also shared with the Chevrolet HHR and the Saturn ION. Also available was a high performance, Chevrolet Cobalt SS.
OIL CHANGE REMINDER RESET
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine OFF.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) at the same time to enter the personalization menu.
- Press the INFO button to scroll through the available personalization menu modes until the DIC display shows OIL-LIFE RESET.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons at the same time for one second and release.
- Press and hold the reset button until the DIC display shows ACKNOWLEDGED. This will tell you
the system has been reset.
- Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
Alternate Method (Some Models)
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press the release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Several beeps sound. This confirms the oil life system has been reset.
- If the CHANGE/OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Daghan Salamat Higala sa pag bisita!