Chevrolet Cobalt 2005-2010 Oil Change Reminder Reset
HOW-TO RESET Oil Change Reminder Reset ON Chevrolet Cobalt
The Chevrolet Cobalt is a compact car initially introduced by Chevrolet in 2004 for the 2005 model year. The Cobalt replaced both the Cavalier and the Toyota-based Geo Prizm/Chevrolet Prizm as Chevrolet’s compact car. The Cobalt was available as both a coupe and sedan, and was based on the GM Delta platform also shared with the Chevrolet HHR and the Saturn ION. Also available was a high performance, Chevrolet Cobalt SS.
OIL CHANGE REMINDER RESET
When the system has calculated that oil life has been diminished, it will indicate that an oil change is necessary. A CHANGE ENGINE OIL SOON message will come on. Change the engine oil as soon as possible within the next 600 miles (1,000 km). It is possible that, if driving under the best conditions, the oil life system may not indicate that an oil change is necessary for over a year. However, the engine oil and filter must be changed at least once a year and at this time the system must be reset.
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine OFF.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) at the same time to enter the personalization menu.
- Press the INFO button to scroll through the available personalization menu modes until the DIC display shows OIL-LIFE RESET.
- Press the INFO and RESET buttons at the same time for one second and release.
- Press and hold the reset button until the DIC display shows ACKNOWLEDGED. This will tell you
the system has been reset.
- Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
Alternate Method (Some Models)
- Turn the ignition key to RUN with the engine off.
- Fully press the release the accelerator pedal 3 times within 5 seconds. Several beeps sound. This confirms the oil life system has been reset.
- If the CHANGE/OIL message comes back on when you start the engine, the engine oil life system has not been reset. Repeat the procedure.
Daghan Salamat Higala sa pag bisita!
Total Views 92 total views, Today's View 5 views today