HOW TO RESET THE SERVICE REMINDER
1996-1997 Audi A4 Service Reminder Reset
- For this year model of AUDI A4, you will need the OBD2 Diagnostic tool to reset the SERVICE REMINDER.
1998-2001 Audi A4 Service Reminder Reset
instruction on how to reset the OIL SERVICE REMINDER and SERVICE INSP message.
STEP 1: Switch ignition off.
STEP 2: Press odometer and instrument cluster reset buttons while switching ignition on. Trip recorder display (3) will read “service OIL“.
STEP 3. Release buttons.
NOTE: Depending on make of instrument cluster, display on trip recorder will either continue to read “service OIL’ (Nippon Seiki) or change to ” – – – ” (VDO.
STEP 4. Pull clock adjuster button (1) on instrument cluster and hold for approximately 2 seconds. This resets “service OIL” display.
STEP 5. Press trip reset button (2) again to advance to next type of service.
STEP 6. Release button. Trip recorder display will read “service INSP”
NOTE: Depending on the make of the instrument cluster, the display on the trip recorder will either continue to read “service INSP” (Nippon Seiki) or change to ” – – – ” (VDO).
STEP 7. Pull clock adjuster button (1) on instrument cluster and hold for approximately 2 seconds. This resets “service INSP” display.
STEP 8. Switch ignition off.
2002-2005 Audi A4 Service Reminder Reset
To display remaining distance to service, with ignition on, press button(marked with wrench symbol) on right side of instrument cluster. A function test can be performed with the engine idling or when vehicle speed has reached at least 3 MPH. If there is a priority 1 malfunction (Red symbol), distance remaining will not display. Distance remaining will be updated every 310 miles.
On a new vehicles or immediately after a service has been performed, a “SERVICE IN —- MI (KM) — DAYS” message will be displayed for the first 310 miles. As soon as less than 1200 miles of driving are left before the next service is due, a “SERVICE IN 1,200 MI (2,000 KM) — DAYS” message will be displayed when ignition switch is turned to ON position. The display will return to normal after 5 seconds. If service is due immediately, a “SERVICE!” message will be displayed when ignition switch is turned to ON position. Display will return to normal after 5 seconds.
To reset interval display after performing required service, perform the following:
NOTE: Service reminder can be reset manually or by using VAS 5051 factory scan tool. If resetting without VAS 5051, the service is automatically set to a fixed interval 9942 miles (16 000 km).
RESET TUTORIAL WITHOUT THE SCAN TOOL.
- Turn ignition off.
- Press button (1) on right side of instrument cluster and turn ignition switch to ON position. . Either “SERVICE IN —- MI (KM)” or “SERVICE!” message will be displayed.
- Press reset button (2) on right side of instrument cluster until the following message “SERVICE IN —- MILES — DAYS” and “SERVICE!” is displayed. Display will return to normal after 5 seconds.
- Turn Ignition Off. Service Reminder is now reset. if Fail Repeat the Procedure.
2006-2008 Audi A4 Service Reminder Reset
- Ensure ignition is off.
- Press in the wrench button on instrument cluster, and at the same time rotate the ignition key forward (without starting).
- While still pressing the “WRENCH” button in, press the “0,0” BUTTON and HOLD until the “SERVICE!” notification clears (about 2 – 3 seconds). “Service!” Indicator Reset Procedure/Service Indicator Reset Complete.
- Turn Ignition Off. SERVICE RESET IS COMPLETE.
2009-2014 Audi A4 Oil Reset /Service Due RESET
On this tutorial we need to use the CAR button.
- Turn the IGNITION ON. Don’t start the engine.
- Press the CAR BUTTON .
- Use the MULTI FUNCTION STEERING WHEEL / Control Console. to navigate the SERVICE INTERVAL DISPLAY.
- Select SERVICE INTERVAL DISPLAY then PRESS THE MULTI FUNCTION STEERING WHEEL to display “RESET OIL CHANGE SERVICE INTERVAL”
- Press the MULTI FUNCTION STEERING WHEEL/Control Console to RESET the OIL CHANGE INTERVAL. The confirmation message will appear select YES.
- Press the CAR BUTTON to exit. Oil reset is complete.
AUDI A4 2015-2020 OIL CHANGE DUE RESET
On this tutorial we need to use the Audi MULTI MEDIA INTERFACE (MMI) CONTROL CONSOLE.
- Start the Engine.
- Press the MENU BUTTON. (number 4)
- Use the Number 1 button to navigate VEHICLE.. Press Number 6 to select Vehicle MENU
- Press Number 6 on INDIVIDUAL.
- Then select SERVICE CHECK.
- Then select SERVICE INTERVAL.
- Then Select RESET OIL CHANGE INTERVAL.
- then the confirmation message appear. select YES.
- The OIL CHANGE INTERVAL IS NOW RESET.
- Turn ignition OFF. Oil reset is complete.
THIS TUTORIAL WILL WORK FOR FOLLOWING MODEL.
Audi A4 B5 Service due reset
Audi A4 B6 Service Reminder due reset
Audi A4 B7 Service Interval reset
Audi A4 B8 Service Oil change due
Audi A4 B9 Service OIL RESET
THANK YO VERY MUCH!