How to Reset the Ford Aspire Oil Change Indicator
Table of Contents
Ford Aspire Oil Reset
How to Reset the Ford Aspire Maintenance Oil Change Indicator in 7 Simple Steps, learn how to reset the Ford Aspire Maintenance Oil Change Indicator. The technique of resetting the oil service light on a Ford Aspire is simple and easy. Only after replacing the engine oil and filter should the oil life monitoring system be reset.
To reset the oil life monitoring system, perform these steps:
- Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine.
- Fully press the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time.
- Keep the accelerator and brake pedals fully pressed.
- After three seconds, a message displays confirming the reset procedure is in progress.
- After 25 seconds, a message displays confirming the reset procedure is complete.
- Release the accelerator and brake pedals.
- Switch the ignition off.
Quick Information About Ford Aspire
The Ford Festiva is a subcompact car that was designed and manufactured by Mazda for Ford between 1986 and 2002. South Korean first generation sales began in 1987 under the name Kia Pride, assembled by Kia under license. The second generation Festiva introduced in 1993, sold as the Ford Aspire in North America and Kia Avella in South Korea and other markets. SAIPA has built the Kia Pride in Iran under license since 1993 and using up to 85 percent local parts. The Pride was sold in four-door sedan form (in LX, GTX, and β trim levels), as well as three- and five-door hatchback forms (the CD-5) and wagon body styles.
Ford Aspire was the replacement for the Ford Festiva. In 1997, Ford announced the Aspire would be discontinued due to slow sales.
The Ford Aspire was sold in North America from 1994 until 1997. (source: Wikipedia)