Lincoln Aviator Oil Life Service Indicator Light Reset
Step by step tutorial with an image guide on how to reset the oil service maintenance reminder indicator light on Lincoln Aviator from the year 2003-2004-2005-2006-2019-2020.
Aviator 2003-2006 Oil Life Reset
- Close all doors.
- Turn the ignition to ACC mode, Don’t start the engine.
- Continue press the SETUP button to display the OIL CHANGE message.
- While OIL CHANGE is displayed, press the RESET button until it displays HOLD RESET TO CONFIRM.
- Press and hold the RESET button until the OIL LIFE is reset to 100%.
- Turn ignition off. Oil Reset is complete.
2019-2020 Lincoln Aviator Oil Life Reset
- Close all doors, then turn the IGNITION to On position, don’t start the engine.
- Press down the TOGGLE button to display SETTINGS then display the OIL LIFE.
- Then push the TOGGLE to the right (OK), to open the OIL LIFE.
- Then press and hold the OK button (toggle button) to reset the OIL LIFE to 100%.
- Turn the ignition OFF. The oil reset is complete.
About Lincoln Aviator
The Lincoln Aviator is a mid-size luxury SUV marketed and sold by the Lincoln brand of Ford Motor Company. One of four SUVs offered by Lincoln, the Aviator is currently in its second generation, slotted between the Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator in size.
The first generation of the Aviator was produced from the 2003 to 2005 model years as a rebadged version of the Mercury Mountaineer (itself based on the Ford Explorer); following the Lincoln Versailles and Lincoln Blackwood pickup truck, the Aviator was one of the shortest-produced vehicles ever sold by Lincoln. For the 2007 model year, Lincoln expanded its use of crossover SUVs; the five-passenger MKX offered a similar exterior footprint while the MKT (introduced in 2009) offered the three-row seating of the Aviator.
For the 2020 model year, the Aviator made its return to the Lincoln model line (again based on the Ford Explorer). For the first time in a Lincoln-brand vehicle, the Aviator is offered as a plug-in hybrid.
The first-generation Aviator was assembled at the now-closed St. Louis Assembly in Hazelwood, Missouri alongside the Explorer and Mountaineer. The second-generation Aviator is assembled at Chicago Assembly in Chicago, Illinois alongside the Explorer and the Ford Police Interceptor Utility.(source:wiki)