Lexus LS 500 Oil Maintenance Required Light Reset
The following is a step-by-step tutorial on how to reset the Oil service maintenance required reminder indicator light for Lexus LS500 models from 2016 to 2018. This guide may also apply to the Lexus LS500 Hybrid.
- Close all doors, gear to the park position.
- Stop the car, turn the ignition switch to the ON position. (press the power Button 2x) Without touching the brake pedal.
- Press the PAGE button then scroll to the right to navigate SETTINGS.
- Scroll down to VEHICLE SETTINGS and press the OK button.
- Scroll down to SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE then press the OK button.
- Select YES then press the OK button.
- The Data has been Reset. Turn off the ignition, oil service maintenance required reset is complete.
About Lexus LS500
The fifth-generation Lexus LS made its debut at the January 2017 North American International Auto Show. It is the first LS to be powered by a V6 engine and feature a six-sided window design. The model was previewed by the LF-FC concept that was first shown in 2015.
The LS 500h (GVF50/55) uses the Multi Stage Hybrid System that debuted in the LC 500h. Like the LC 500h, it uses a lithium-ion battery rather than the nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) battery used in the previous LS 600h.
The LS 500‘s 3.5-liter V6 engine has an updated piston design aimed to lower emissions and reduce NVH when the engine is cold while the hybrid variant received several hardware and software upgrades improving the acceleration of the vehicle. The interior of the LS has been further refined with revised seats, touch points, higher-resolution rearview mirror and updated leather options. The facelifted LS uses a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system instead of the mouse-based implementation found in prior model years. Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Amazon Alexa integration are standard equipment. All grades of the 2021 LS are equipped with Lexus Safety System+ 2.0 as standard and received a number of updates such as Lane Change Assist and Active Steering Assist. Exterior updates include a revised front fascia, radiator intake, headlights, taillights and updated color options.