HOW TO RESET Lexus LX470 Maintenance Required Light
Table of Contents
Lexus LX470 Maintenance Required Light Reset
Lexus LX470 oil reset tutorial. Simple guide on how to reset the oil service maintenance required indicator light on Lexus LX 470 from the year 2000, 2001, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 to 2009.
- Close all doors, gear to the park position.
- Turn the ignition ON. Don’t start the engine.
- Press the TRIP button, to display ODO.
- Turn Off the ignition.
- Turn the ignition on while pressing and holding the ODO/TRIP button. Keep holding the ODO/TRIP button until the MAINT REQD flashes and the light turns off.
- Turn off the ignition, oil reset is complete.
About LEXUS LX470
- The second and third generations had a V8 engine powertrain, a welded steel body-shell combined with full-size steel ladder frame (body-on-frame construction), and seats for eight passengers (LX 470 and LX 570). The first generation LX 450, a mid-size SUV, had an inline-6 engine and seats for seven passengers.
- The second generation LX 470 shared exterior styling with the Land Cruiser Cygnus, sold in Japan. The LX is Lexus’ largest and most expensive luxury SUV.
- In December 1997, the second generation LX 470 debuted at the Los Angeles Auto Show, going on sale in the second quarter of 1998.
- The 2003 LX 470 came with Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) system, varying steering ratios from 12.4 to 1 to 18.0 to 1 (previously fixed at 19.8 to 1), allowing the driver to apply less steering input to maneuver in tight places such as parking lots.
- The LX 470 was named by J.D. Power and Associates as the best luxury SUV in initial quality in 2000, 2002, and 2004.
- Kelley Blue Book gave the LX 470 its Best to Hold Value Award in 1998, 1999, and 2000.
- In a 2000 Edmunds.com comparison with four other premium SUVs, the LX 470 took first place.
- In a 2003 Edmunds.com comparison, the LX 470’s Mark Levinson audio system and navigation system were the highest rated in their respective categories.
- In 2005, J.D. Power named the LX 470 the most reliable luxury SUV over a three-year period in its Vehicle Dependability Study.