Lexus GS460 Oil Service Maintenance Light Reset Tutorial
How to reset the oil service required maintenance indicator message light on a Lexus GS460 from 2007, 2008, 2009, to 2010.
NOTE: After the oil change , just the service required maintenance should be reset. Do not reset your vehicle’s service maintenance without changing the oil.
- Close all doors, gear to the park position.
- Stop the car, turn the ignition switch to the ON position. (press the power Button 2x) Without touching the brake pedal.
- If the service maintenance has not been reset, try turning the ignition on with your foot on the brake.
- Press the ODO/TRIP button, to display ODO.
- Turn Off the ignition.
- Press and hold the RESET button, then turn the ignition On, keep holding the RESET button until the MAINT REQD RESET MODE COMPLETE is displayed on the screen.
- Turn off the ignition, oil reset is complete.
About Lexus GS460
The GS 460 (URS191) replaced the GS 430 in 2007 for the 2008 model year, featuring a new 4.6-liter 1UR-FE (Middle East) or a 1UR-FSE V8 engine with eight-speed automatic transmission generating 255 kW (342 hp) and 460 N⋅m (339 ft⋅lb) of torque. Lexus reported a 0–60 mph (0–97 km/h) time of 5.4 seconds. Along with the hybrid GS 450h and previous GS 430 models, the V8-powered GS 460 offered the Active Stabilizer Suspension System for improved handling. The GS 450h retains its position as the most expensive in the GS lineup, and has faster acceleration than the GS 460, though the GS 460 is lighter and has a higher top speed. In 2010, the GS was outsold nearly two to one by the flagship LS.
Along with the introduction of the GS 460, the GS lineup received a mid-cycle styling refresh, including a revised front bumper, headlights and grille, turn signals added to the side mirrors, and new wheel options and exterior colors. The interior received a redesigned steering wheel, revised instrument cluster gauges, and different trim pieces. (source:wiki)