Hummer H3 Change Engine Oil Service Maintenance Light Reset
The simple tutorial on how to reset the change oil service maintenance reminder indicator message on Hummer H3 from the years 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- Close all doors, gear to the park position. Make sure the engine is off.
- Turn the ignition On. Don’t start the engine.
- Fully press and release the GAS pedal down to the floor 3X within 5 seconds.
- Turn the ignition off.
- Start the engine to verify the OIL RESET is successful. If fail repeat the procedure.
YOU CAN ALSO RESET THE OIL CHANGE LIGHT BY THE FOLLOWING THE PROCEDURE BELOW.
- Close all doors, gear to the park position.
- Turn the ignition On.
- Press the TRIP button until the OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the OIL LIFE /RESET is displayed, press and hold the TRIP button for 15 seconds or the until the chime.
- Turn off the ignition.
- Start the engine to verify the OIL LIFE is reset.
NOTE: Always reset the engine oil life after an oil change.
About Hummer H3
The Hummer H3 is an off-road vehicle that was produced from 2005 to 2010 by General Motors. The smallest model of the Hummer lineup, it was offered as a 5-door SUV or a 4-door pickup truck known as the H3T. Unlike the larger H1 and H2 models, the H3 was not developed by AM General. It was introduced for the 2006 model year, based on a modified GMT355 that underpinned the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon compact pickup trucks that were also built at GM’s Shreveport Operations in Shreveport, Louisiana and the Port Elizabeth plant in South Africa. While mechanically related to the Colorado and Canyon, GM claims they share only 10% of their components, with the chassis modified and reinforced for heavy off-road duties. (source:wiki)
This tutorial is humbly made by Erwin Salarda. Thank you very much Boss! 🙂