Table of Contents
Honda WRV Oil Service Maintenance Light Reset
This tutorial provides a guide on how to reset the oil service maintenance indicator light on a Honda WR-V model year 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, or 2022. After the oil change has been completed, the oil life reset must be performed. WR-V stands for ‘Winsome Runabout vehicle and is the first development model by Honda Cars India R&D team
HONDA WRV OIL RESET
- Turn the ignition. Don’t start the engine.
- Press the ODO/TRIP button until the OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the OIL LIFE is displayed. Press and hold the ODO/TRIP button until the OIL LIFE is reset to 100%.
- Oil Reset is complete. Start the engine to verify the oil reset is complete.
OTHER RESET PROCEDURE
IF THIS TUTORIAL NOT APPLICABLE TO YOUR HONDA WR-V MODEL. PLEASE FOLLOW THE TUTORIAL BELOW.
- Turn the ignition on, engine off.
- Press the ODO/TRIP button until TRIP A is displayed.
- Turn off the ignition.
- Press and hold the ODO/Trip button then turn the ignition On. Keep pressing and holding the ODO/TRIP button until the Oil Lamp is flashing and the Oil Lamp is reset.
- Oil reset is complete.
ABOUT HONDA WR-V
On March 15, 2017, the WR-V was introduced to the Brazilian market, and on March 16, 2017, it was introduced to the Indian market. It is the first model to be created by the Honda Research & Development Center of Brazil in partnership with the Honda Research & Development Center of Japan, with the needs and tastes of young customers from Brazil and India being taken into consideration during the process. The WR-V has been “bestowed with a sporty, sleek, and aggressive” design language, as stated by Honda.
The body shell, doors, dashboard, and instrument panel of the WR-V are all shared with the Fit and the Jazz. Other components that are also shared include the instrument panel and the dashboard. The car now has a ground clearance that is increased to 188 mm.
The vehicle had a refresh in 2020, with the new iteration being introduced first in India and later in South America.