HOW TO RESET: FORD RANGER
Step by Steps Tutorial on how to reset the Oil Light and Oil Change Required message on Ford Ranger (Lariat,Xl,XLt,T6) from year 1998-1999-2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019-2020.
Ford Ranger Oil Light Reset without Driver Information Button.
- Make sure the Engine and Ignition is OFF.
- Press Both The Brake And Accelerator Pedals At The Same Time Turn the IGNITION ON. Continue Press the Brake and Accelerator Pedal for 20 Seconds until the OIL LIGHT Flashing and the Oil Lamp Will Illuminate.
- Release The Brake And Gas Pedals.
- Turn Ignition Off. Oil Reset Is Complete.
Ford Ranger Oil Change Required Reset
Reset the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED using the Driver Information Control Button.
- Turn the Ignition On. Don’t start the engine.
- Press the Left Arrow to Display the Menu.
- Use Down Arrow then Select SETTINGS, the Press OK Button.
- Press the right arrow button, then from this menu scroll to the VEHICLE.
- Press the right arrow button, then from this menu scroll to OIL LIFE RESET. Then Press OK BUTTON.
- After you select the the OIL LIFE RESET the remaining PERCENT OIL LIFE is displayed.
- While the Percent Oil life is displayed. HOLD and Press the OK BUTTON, until the Oil Life Reset to 100%.
- Turn Ignition OFF. Oil Reset is complete.
About Ford Ranger
Ford Ranger is a nameplate that has been used on three distinct model lines of vehicles sold by Ford. The name originated in 1958 when the Edsel Ranger was introduced as the base trim level of the Edsel model range. From 1965 to 1981, Ranger denoted various trim packages of the Ford F-Series (and Ford Bronco), serving as a mid- to top-level trim.
For the 1983 model year, the Ford Ranger nameplate was applied to a new compact pickup truck, replacing the 1972-1982 Ford Courier in North America. In global markets, Ford began use of the Ranger nameplate in 1998 in place of Courier, with all compact trucks named Ranger by 2006.
For 2011, the Ranger was discontinued in the United States and Canada. The same year, Ford commenced production of a mid-size Ford Ranger; sold globally (other than the United States and Canada until 2019), production was revived in the United States in 2018. (source: wiki)
Thank you very much! 🙂