HOW TO Reset Engine Oil Life in Honda Civic 2016-2019 in 3 ways.
About this model:
The tenth generation Civic is based on an all-new Honda compact global platform. The sedan was first unveiled in September 2015, for the 2016 model year.
The tenth-generation Civic features a new fastback exterior design, with the rear C-pillar flowing into the tailgate. The front of the car features a new chrome wing design that flows across the top of the headlamps.
The interior of the new Civic likewise features major design changes. Unlike the split bi-level speedometer and tachometer of its predecessor, the EX and above trim levels of the tenth generation Civic consolidates these instruments into a fully customisable, all digital “Driver Information Interface” incorporating a 7-inch LCD screen positioned directly behind the steering wheel and in the driver’s line of sight. The LX trim instrumentation consists of a large analog tachometer that surrounds a digital speedometer and other digital displays.
Civic variants include sedan, coupe, five-door hatchback, Si trims, and Type-R models.
Honda claims the 10th generation Civic Si trim (which is the 8th generation of Civic to offer an Si trim level) reaches 60mph from 0mph in 7.0 seconds, though Car&Driver was able to bring a 2017 Civic Si Coupe to 60mph in 6.3 seconds.
The 2017 Civic Si also features adaptive dampers, stiffening of other suspension components, including mounting points, anti-roll bars, springs and bushings.
3 Ways on HOW TO Reset The Oil Life on Honda Civic 2016-2019
Resetting the Engine Oil Life
If you change or replace the vehicle’s engine oil yourself, you must reset the engine oil life.
Models with information display
- Press the TRIP knob in the instrument panel until the engine oil life appears in the display.
- Press and hold the knob for 10 seconds or more, until the display begins to blink.
- Press and hold the knob for 5 seconds or more. The engine oil life display returns to 100%.
Models with Driver Information Interface
Use the steering wheel buttons to make and enter selections
- Scroll to the Maintenance Minder screen and select it.
- Press and hold the ENTER button for about 10 seconds to enter the reset mode.
- Scroll to the maintenance item you want to reset (or All Due Items) and select it.
Models with Display Audio
Use the touchscreen to make and enter selections.
- From the HOME screen, select Settings.
- Select Vehicle.
- Select Maintenance Info.
- Select Select Reset Items.
- Select an item on the list to reset.
Failure to reset the engine oil life after a maintenance service results in the
system showing incorrect maintenance intervals, which can lead to serious