HOW TO GUIDE: Toyota Tundra RKE Keyfob Programming
Toyota Tundra RKE Keyfob Programming
Instructions on how to program the RKE keyfob on a Toyota Tundra manufactured between the years 2000 and 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
First, look at your key fob.
Before you start, make sure that the batteries in your key fob are still good. Also, make sure the batteries are in the right place and making good contact with the metal points inside the device.
Step 2: Open the driver’s side door.
Start the programming process by closing all doors except the driver’s door and taking the key out of the ignition switch.
- Unlock the door for the driver.
- Quickly put your key in the ignition switch and then take it out.
- Press the “lock” and “unlock” buttons on the door control pad on the driver’s side door five times; each set of buttons is one pass.
- Close the driver’s side door and then open it.
- Press the “lock” and “unlock” buttons on the door control pad on the driver’s side door five times. Each set of two buttons is one pass.
- Put your key in the ignition and turn the switch to “RUN”; do this twice.
- Take your key out of the ignition, wait for the doors to lock and unlock twice, and then put your key back in.
Step 3: Pull your key fob out.
Hold your key fob in your hand and press and hold the “lock” and “unlock” buttons for half a second.
- Hold down one of the “lock” or “unlock” buttons for one second.
- Repeat this process for each key fob you want to program.
- For one pass, you have to wait for the doors to close and open.
- The programming is finished.
- If the above happens, go back to step one and start over.
Toyota Tundra Key Fob Programming Process (Other Procedure)
If you’ve recently purchased a new Toyota Tundra, or key replacement or duplicate, you’ll need to perform the Toyota key fob programming to get it properly synced to your vehicle. Here are the steps for a successful Toyota key fob programming that you can do right in your Tampa driveway:
- Get into the driver’s seat of your Toyota. Ensure all the doors are closed.
- Turn your key in the ignition from “off” to “on.”
- Turn your key in the ignition from “off” to “on again within five seconds.
- Remove your key from the ignition.
- Within 40 seconds, close and open the driver’s door twice.
- Insert and remove the key from the ignition one more time.
- So long as you’ve done this within 40 seconds, your door locks should engage to indicate a successful Toyota key fob programming!
Thank you very much! This tutorial was compiled and researched by Erwin Salarda.