Honda City RKE Keyfob Programming
The step by step tutorial on how to program the RKE Keyfob on Honda City from the year 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 to 2002. Please follow the instruction below for your reference.
Honda City 1996-2002 RKE Keyfob Programming
☛ To program the remote control transmitter for this vehicle, requires a working ignition key.
☛ Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes.
You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
☛ Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of one another.
If you take longer than five seconds between steps or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.
1. Get into the car, close all doors and insert the key into the Ignition Switch.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON position (the lights on the accessories should come on and the dash will light up).
3. Within 4 seconds press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote transmitter for approximately 1 second.
4. Within 4 seconds turn the ignition to the OFF position.
5. Repeat steeps 2,3,4 three more times and turn the Ignition to the ON position.
6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button at each remote transmitter (including any existing remote transmitters) within 9 seconds.
Make sure door locks cycle after you push each remote button to confirm system has accepted the remote. You may program up to three remotes to your vehicle.
7. Turn OFF the ignition and pull out the key from ignition switch in order to exit the Remote Control Transmitter programming mode.
IF THE ABOVE TUTORIAL FAIL. PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION BELOW.
NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the hatch are closed.
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.
10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock button again, or the code will not be stored.
13. Within 10 seconds, press the transmitter lock button on any other fob you wish to program. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.
14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.
15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.
PROGRAMMING OF RKE KEYFOBS FOR HONDA CITY 2003-2022 YEAR MODEL
This Honda CITY model years 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 need the OBD scan tool with the key programming feature in order to program the RKE keyfob.