Ford AEROSTAR RKE Keyfob Programming
This is a simple tutorial on how to program the RKE keyfob on Ford Aerostar from the year 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996 to 1997. Please follow the instruction below for your guide.
- Enter Programming Mode – Step 1
OPEN the driver’s side door.
- Enter Programming Mode – Step 2
INSERT your key into the ignition cylinder and TURN to the ON position (just shy of cranking the engine).
- Enter Programming Mode – Step 3
PRESS and HOLD the “Programming/Override” button (located under the driver’s side dashboard). Within 20 seconds, the vehicle will cycle the door locks and the horn will sound 3 times to indicate successful entry into programming mode.
Do NOT release the “Programming/Override” button.
- Program Remote
PRESS the Lock OR Unlock button on the first remote to be programmed. The vehicle will respond by cycline the door locks and the horn will sound 1 time to indicate successful programming.
REPEAT this step to program up to 3 additional remotes (total of 4) to the vehicle.
- Exit Programming Mode
RELEASE the “Programming/Override” button and TURN the ignition to OFF.
- Test Remotes
TEST all remotes. Programming is now complete.
- Verify the following prior to following these instructions:
- Your vehicle is equipped with keyless entry, and
- You have a key fob remote that is compatible with your vehicle.
- Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
- You may clear your keyless entry system memory by entering programming mode as shown in the steps above.
Note: If your vehicle cannot enter programming mode, then you cannot program any remote. This indicates either no keyless entry installed on the vehicle or a defective keyless entry receiver module.