HOW TO RESET Mercury Monterey Oil Life Reminder
Hello friends, Good day! Erwin Salarda is here. Today we have this complete tutorial on how to reset the oil life service reminder indicator in the Mercury Monterey. This is a very easy-to-follow tutorial.
CHANGE OIL SOON. Displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 5 percent or less. When oil life left is between 5% and 0%, the CHANGE OIL SOON message will be displayed. When oil life left reaches 0%, the OIL CHANGE REQUIRED message will be displayed. An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center. USE ONLY RECOMMENDED ENGINE OILS.
5 Easy STEPS Mercury MONTEREY Oil Life Reset
Please follow the 5 steps on how to reset the oil life of Mercury Monterey. Please follow the step-by-step tutorial below. I also included the image guide for you to make it easy to follow.
- Gear to the P Position then turn the ignition ON.
- Press the SETUP button control to access the SYSTEM CHECK FUNCTION.
- Press and release the RESET button control to display “OIL LIFE XX% HOLD RESET NEW”.
- Press and hold the RESET button control for 2 seconds to display “IFNEW OIL HOLD RESET”.
- Press and hold the RESET button control to display “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%”. Your oil life is now reset. The oil life reset is complete.
To reset the oil monitoring system to your personalized oil life %:
2. Press and release the RESET control to display “OIL LIFE XX% HOLD RESET NEW”.
3. Press and hold the RESET control for 2 seconds to display “IF NEW OIL HOLD RESET”.
4. Release the RESET control momentarily, then press RESET and SETUP controls at the same time to activate a service mode which will display “OIL LIFE XX% RESET TO ALTER”.
5. Press RESET until you find your personalized OIL LIFE XX%.
6. With your personalized OIL LIFE XX% displayed, press SETUP to continue the system check.
DATA ERR. These messages indicate improper operation of the vehicle network communication between electronic modules.
I am hoping this tutorial is helpful to you. If this tutorial is not working for you, Please use the comment section below to let me know. Thank you very much, Erwin C. Salarda.