3 Easy Steps Mercury Sable Oil Life Reset
Hello friends, We have now another oil reset tutorial for Mercury Sable 2008-2010 year model. This is a simple and easy to follow instruction of oil life service maintenance reminder indicator reset tutorial. It is a quick and easy with an image guide.
An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center. USE ONLY RECOMMENDED ENGINE OILS. To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change (approximately 7,500 miles [12,000 km] or six months) perform the following:
- Turn the ignition to ON position.
- Press the SETUP control to enter SYSTEM CHECK, then press SETUP control again to display “OIL LIFE = XXX% HOLD RESET = NEW”.
- Press and hold the RESET control for two seconds and release. Oil life is set to 100% and “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%” is displayed.
Note: If you want to change the value of the oil life.
- While “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%” is displayed, if a lower oil life is desired, press and release the RESET control to reduce the value. Each press of the RESET control reduces the value by 10%.
- Oil life of 100% equals 7,500 miles (12,000 km) or six months. For example, setting oil life to 60% sets the oil life value to 4,500 miles (7,200 km) and 108 days.
Thank you very much for visiting my website. I am hoping this tutorial will help you as guide on how to reset the oil life in your Mercury Sable. –Erwin C. Salarda