4 STEPS to Reset the MERCURY MONTEGO Oil Life Reminder
Table of Contents
How to reset OIL LIFE of Mercury Montego
Good day, my friends. Today we have another blog post tutorial on how to reset the oil life service maintenance reminder on the Mercury Montego. Please follow my step-by-step tutorial. I included some useful images to make it easier for you to follow.
An oil change is required whenever indicated by the message center and according to the recommended maintenance schedule. USE ONLY RECOMMENDED ENGINE OILS.
4 STEPS to Reset the Mercury Montego Oil Life
To reset the oil monitoring system to 100% after each oil change [approximately 5,000 miles (8,000 km) or 180 days] perform the following:
- Gear to the Park position then Turn the ignition to ON.
- Press SETUP button to display “PRESS RESET FOR SYS CHECK”.
- Press RESET button to start the System Check which will display “OIL LIFE XX% RESET IF NEW”.
- Press and hold the RESET button until “IF NEW OIL HOLD RESET” is displayed, then release.
- The “OIL LIFE SET TO 100%”. Oil life reset is complete.
CHANGE OIL SOON/OIL CHANGE REQUIRED. Oil Life XX%, CHANGE SOON/OIL LIFE 0%, CHANGE OIL, OIL LIFE XX%, CHANGE SOON displayed when the engine oil life remaining is 10 percent and again when the engine oil life remaining is between 5% and 1%. When oil life left reaches 0%, the OIL LIFE 0%, CHANGE OIL message will be displayed.
That is 4 easy steps to reset the oil life of Mercury Montego. If this tutorial is not working on your Mercury Montego, please use the comment section below so I will know and I can immediately update my content. Thank you very much for visiting my website. Erwin C. Salarda
Total Views 55 total views, Today's View 5 views today