Ford Focus Engine Oil Life Service Maintenance Light Reset
Oil Reset tutorial for Ford Focus. How to reset the oil life service maintenance reminder light on a Ford Focus from the years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
NOTE: After the oil change , just the service required maintenance should be reset. Do not reset your vehicle’s service maintenance without changing the oil.
- Turn on the ignition (or push the start button with the clutch up) Don’t Start the Engine.
- Press the brake and accelerator fully down.
- After a moment, the center display will tell you that the reset is in progress.
- Keep the pedals down until it informs you that reset is complete.
BELOW IS THE INSTRUCTION FROM OWNERS MANUAL
Resetting the Oil Life Monitoring System Only reset the oil life monitoring system after changing the engine oil and oil filter.
1. Switch the ignition on. Do not start the engine. For vehicles with push-button start, press and hold the start button for two seconds without pressing the brake pedal. Do not start the engine.
2. Press the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time.
3. Keep the accelerator and brake pedals fully pressed.
4. After three seconds, a message confirming that the reset is in progress will be displayed.
5. After 25 seconds, a message confirming that the reset is complete will be displayed.
6. Release the accelerator and brake pedals.
7. The message confirming that the reset is complete will no longer be displayed.
8. Switch the ignition off. For vehicles with push-button start, press the start button to switch the ignition off.
Compiled and researched with ❤️by Erwin Salarda.