HOW TO RESET: Engine Oil Life Ford Fusion 2010-2020
A 2013 redesign brought turbocharged and non-turbo four-cylinder engines, as well as a more solid and upscale feel, with a supple ride, quiet cabin, and handling rivaling a European sports sedan. Electronic stability control, traction control, and antilock brakes are standard. Ford’s standard MyKey system lets parents program a key for their teen driver to set limits on speed, Bluetooth phone use and radio volume. As usually, MyFord Touch generated a lot of complaints for its unintuitive interface. Spotter mirror inserts are provided on the outside door mirrors to show vehicles in the blind zone along the sides of the car. While this low-tech solution is effective, it isn’t easy to use at night.
The Fusion comes standard with safety features as part of the Ford Co-Pilot 360 suite. Updates to the plug-in hybrid version include an extension of the electric-only range. The Fusion is a delight to drive, with a supple ride and nimble handling reminiscent of a European sports sedan. All trim levels and powertrains feel solid and upscale, with a quiet, well-finished cabin. We found the optional leather seats to be more supportive than the cloth ones, and the rear seat is somewhat snug. The 1.5- and 2.0-liter turbo four-cylinders are powerful enough, but neither has competitive fuel economy.
Ford Fusion Oil Life Reset
- Turn the ignition to the “ON” position, but do not start the engine.
- Use the directional pad on the steering wheel and scroll through the settings area under the heading menu
- Go to Settings >
- Vehicle >
- Oil Life Reset
- The Remaining Oil will Display
- For some vehicles, you have to go to Settings > ADVANCED SETTINGS > Vehicle> Oil Life Reset
- Push and hold OK until it resets to 100%
- Turn off the ignition and then restart the engine.
Thank you very Much – Erwin